Suitable for use in virtually all areas of timber-frame construction
The Magnus hook connector is used to create node joints in timber-frame construction. This joint is impressive above all because it can be completely prefabricated, which in turn minimises assembly times on the construction site.
The connector consists of two different components, as well as wood construction screws and fixing screws. The two separate parts of Magnus are attached to the respective structural members using the wood construction screws and then slotted into one another smoothly without the need to apply force. The two components are braced against one another using fixing screws. This provides effective prevention against the joint being loosened inadvertently.
With high verified load values, joints created by the Magnus can be statically loaded in five directions. Installation can be both visible (for shadow-groove connections) and hidden (milled in).
Included in delivery:
- Magnus L, 110 x 260 mm: 68 x TX30 fully threaded screws *) 8 x TX20 fixing screws TX20 **) 1x assembly instructions
- Magnus L, 110 x 300 mm: 80 x TX30 fully threaded screws *) 8 x TX20 fixing screws TX20 **) 1x assembly instructions
*) 8,0 x 120 mm, blue galvanised
**) 4,8 x 60 mm, blue galvanised
Hidden (milled-in) main/secondary beam joints
- Adjust the end stop of the milling and assembly jig to the desired size of the Magnus hook connector, apply and screw on the milling and assembly jig, and create a routed slot with the corresponding groove-milling cutter.
- The Magnus is then inserted into the routed slot and fastened in place using the supplied system screws. Following this, the milling and assembly jig is placed in the same position as before on the component that is to be connected, and the second part of the Magnus hook connector is screwed on. Pre-assembly is now complete, and the component being connected is hooked in place.
- The fixing screws are then inserted into the Magnus. This pulls the Magnus hook connector together, if necessary, and ensures correct positioning of the node joint.
- Installation can be both visible (for shadow-groove joints) and hidden (milled in). The assembly example shows hidden installation. In this type of installation, there is no need to mill out a slot, and the milling and assembly jig is used only as an assembly jig.
|Art. no.||Designation||Dimensions (W x H x D)||PU||EAN|
|944882||Magnus L 110 x 220 mm||110 x 220 x 19 mm||10 Pieces||4251314705549|
|944883||Magnus L 110 x 260 mm||110 x 260 x 19 mm||10 Pieces||4251314705556|
|944884||Magnus L 110 x 300 mm||110 x 300 x 19 mm||10 Pieces||4251314705563|
|944887||Magnus L 110 x 340 mm||110 x 340 x 19 mm||10 Pieces||4251314723505|
|944888||Magnus L 110 x 380 mm||110 x 380 x 19 mm||10 Pieces||4251314723512|
|944889||Magnus L 110 x 580 mm||110 x 580 x 19 mm||10 Pieces||4251314723529|