Aluminium/timber connector for main/secondary beam joints
Suitable for use in virtually all areas of timber-frame construction
Included in delivery
- 120 x TX15 fully threaded screws *), 20 x TX15 fixing screws TX15 **), 1 x assembly instructions
- *) 4,0 x 30 mm, blue galvanised, **) 4,2 x 26 mm, blue galvanised
The Magnus hook connector is used to create node joints in timber-frame construction. This joint is impressive above all because itcan be completely prefabricated, which in turn minimises assembly times on the construction site. The connector consists of two different components, as well as wood construction screws and fixing screws. The two separate parts of Magnus are attached to the respective structural members using the wood construction screws and then slotted into one another smoothly without the need to apply force.The two components are braced against one another using fixing screws. This provides effective prevention against the joint being loosened in advertently. With high verified load values, joints created by the Magnus can bestatically loaded in five directions. Installation can be both visible (for shadow-groove connections) and hidden (milled in).
Hidden (milled-in) main/secondary beam joints
- Adjust the end stop of the milling and assembly jig to the desired size of the Magnus hook connector, apply and screw on the milling and assembly jig, and create a routed slot with the corresponding groove-milling cutter.
- The Magnus is then inserted into the routed slot and fastened inplace using the supplied system screws. Following this, the milling and assembly jig is placed in the same position as before on the component that is to be connected, and the second part of the Magnus hook connector is screwed on.Pre-assembly is now complete, and the component being connected is hooked in place.
- The fixing screws are then inserted into the Magnus. This pulls the Magnus hook connector together, if necessary, and ensures correct positioning of the node joint.
Installation can be both visible (for shadow-groove joints) and hidden (milled in). The assembly example shows hidden installation. In this type of installation, there is no need to mill out a slot, and the milling and assembly jig is used only as an assembly jig.
|Art. no.||Designation||Dimensions (W x H x D)||PU||EAN|
|944875||Magnus S 50 x 60 mm||50 x 60 x 13 mm||10 Pieces||4251314705471|
|944876||Magnus S 50 x 80 mm||50 x 80 x 13 mm||10 Pieces||4251314705488|
|944877||Magnus S 50 x 100 mm||50 x 100 x 13 mm||10 Pieces||4251314705495|